Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Any instruction from the Customer whether written or verbal to carry out work – with or without a formal written quotation – shall be viewed as a contract and will be taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions stated below. Hunt Electrical Ltd. reserves the right to change these written terms.
1. Prices supplied are valid for 30 days from the date of the written quotation, unless otherwise agreed with Hunt Electrical Ltd. as a special circumstance and confirmed by us on the quote.
2. A quotation is made on the assumption that the work we have identified is reasonably capable of being carried out. If in the course of carrying out the work, we identify a more complex case, then we will notify you as this may affect the overall end price. If you have given an instruction for general repairs then Hunt Electrical Ltd. reserve the right to correct the problem in the way they feel is most appropriate.
3. If a specification is supplied to Hunt Electrical Ltd. by the Customer, it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the specification covers all work required. If further work is necessary at a later date which was not on the original specification, then this will not have been covered by the original quote and will be charged as extra. Further to this, Hunt Electrical Ltd. do not accept responsibility for design faults if information provided to us by the client is incorrect.
4. If your order for the work does not fall within the 30 days from the date of the quotation, any changes to costs of materials, labour, transport or other items including overheads to allow us to complete the job will be reflected in the end price.
5. If once the quote has been accepted and commencement of work agreed, any delays or postponements at the Customer’s request for events within their control may result in charges for any resulting costs or expenses incurred by Hunt Electrical Ltd.
6. Any disputes regarding the amount, requests for alterations or breakdowns of invoices should be requested within 10 days of the date of invoice. Any later requests will not extend the 30 days terms as stated above.
7. Any extra work/special requests/change in the model of fittings requested, that were not specified on the original quote, may incur an additional charge, which will be identified to them as such before carrying it out, so they can decide if they wish to pay this extra amount.
8. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held responsible for any changes in rules or regulations between the issue date of the quote and completion of the job where this affects the end price.
9. Invoices will be issued once the work is complete (unless otherwise requested) and are due for full payment no later than 30 days after the invoice date unless stated otherwise on your written quotation. In the event of non-payment, the customer shall incur any costs resulting in chasing the money owed to Hunt Electrical Ltd. and interest may be applied at 8% + Bank of England Base Rate.
10. All fixtures and materials as supplied by Hunt Electrical Ltd. remain the property of the company until paid for in full.
11. Product warranties are as stated by the manufacturer’s warranty terms.
12. Labour warranties are for 1 year from the purchase of materials. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not supply labour warranties for any fixtures or materials supplied by the Customer.
13. Hunt Electrical Ltd. cannot be held responsible for damage caused to materials or environment caused by the Customer or other Contractors. We will accept no responsibility for defects which have occurred due to alteration or tampering made to our work after the completion of the job.
14. Unless we have agreed to do so, the Customer will accept full responsibility for re-installing, examining and testing the equipment on which we have worked as soon as the work is completed. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be responsible for any damage, cost or loss incurred by you due to your failure to properly re-install or delay in testing the equipment or notifying us of any defect in the work.
15. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will take reasonable care of the Customer’s equipment whilst it is in our custody and will make good any loss or damage caused by our failure to exercise reasonable care. However, Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not accept responsibility for damage reported after the fact to electrical equipment which was not directly part of the job carried out.
16. All work will be “made good” by Hunt Electrical Ltd. this is limited re-fit of floor boarding and carpets but does not include plastering unless expressly requested by the Customer and included in our quote.
17. Unless stated or agreed in the original quote, waste of any kind will not be removed from site by Hunt Electrical Ltd. If the Customer requests the removal of waste during the duration of the installation, they will incur extra charges.
18. In the event that the Customer is not satisfied with the work carried out, then they should ask the Electrician on site to correct the issue. If after this, the Customer is still not satisfied they should contact Hunt Electrical Ltd. in writing explaining in detail the source of their grievance to allow Hunt Electrical Ltd. to rectify the matter. Once the Customer has been contacted and an explanation/correction received, they still feel dissatisfied they should refer their complaint to the relevant Electrical Body for expert advice. All written complaints should ideally be received as soon as possible to avoid misunderstandings at a later date.
Where the problem has been caused by the environment or changes made to the location of the work after the quote was issued, which have affected the position or viability of the installation, Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held accountable. In this case all efforts will be made to complete the work as stated but the Customer will be made aware by the attending Electrician that changes will have to be made.
19. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held responsible for the theft or removal of materials left onsite during the installation, due to the site not being properly secured.
20. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held responsible for the failure to perform our obligations to the Customer from any outside causes beyond our control, including but not limited to natural occurrence, disruption of power supplies and industrial action
These terms and conditions are governed by English Law