Hunt Electrical Ltd Terms and Conditions
Any instruction from the Customer whether written or verbal to carry out work – with or without a formal written estimate – shall be viewed as a contract and will be taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions stated below. Hunt Electrical Ltd. reserves the right to change these written terms.
- Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date of the document and must be accepted within this time, unless otherwise agreed with Hunt Electrical Ltd. as a special circumstance and confirmed by us in writing. Orders received outside of the 30 days may be changed where necessary to reflect increased prices for materials etc.
- An estimate is made on the assumption that the work we have identified is reasonably capable of being carried out, based on the information we have. If in the course of carrying out the work, we identify a more complex case then we will notify you, as this may affect the overall end price. If this will take you over and above the estimate amount, we will ask you to sign a ‘Variation of Contract’ form, to confirm you agree to pay the extra amount. We will, where possible, give you the extra cost amount at this time. If you have given an instruction for general repairs then Hunt Electrical Ltd. reserve the right to correct the problem in the way they feel is most appropriate.
- If a specification is supplied to Hunt Electrical Ltd. by the Customer, it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the specification covers all work required. If further work is identified at a later date which was not on the original specification, then this will not have been covered by the original price estimate and will be charged as extra.
- Our estimate is supplied assuming we are able to access the site and complete the work in the most time effective way possible. Where this is not the case and is not the fault of Hunt Electrical, extra costs may be passed on to the client.
- If once the quote has been accepted and commencement of work agreed; any delays or postponements at the Customer’s request for events within their control, may result in charges for any resulting costs or expenses incurred by Hunt Electrical Ltd.
- Further to this, cancellations or postponements with less than 24hrs notice may result in charges to cover costs incurred.
- Any extra work/special requests/change in the model of fittings requested, that were not specified on the original quote, may incur an additional charge, which will be identified to the Customer as such before carrying it out. At this time a ‘Variation of Contract’ form will be required to confirm the client agrees to pay the extra amount. Our Engineer will be happy to discuss and advise on any deviation from the original estimate and will explain where any extra costs may arise, so the client is able to make an informed decision before going forward.
- Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held responsible for any changes in rules or regulations between the issue date of the quote and completion of the job where this affects the end price.
- Invoices will be issued once the work is complete (unless otherwise requested) and are due for full payment no later than 30 days from the invoice date. In the event of non-payment, the customer shall incur any costs resulting in chasing the money owed to Hunt Electrical Ltd.
- Any disputes regarding the amount, requests for alterations or breakdowns of invoices should be requested within 10 days of the date of invoice. Any later requests will not extend the 30 days terms as stated above
- All fixtures and materials as supplied by Hunt Electrical Ltd. remain the property of the company until paid for in full.
- Product warranties are as stated by the manufacturer’s warranty terms. Labour warranties are for 1 year from the purchase of materials. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not supply labour warranties for any fixtures or materials supplied by the Customer. Labour warranties are for 1 year from the purchase of materials. Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not supply labour warranties for any fixtures or materials supplied by the Customer.
- Hunt Electrical Ltd. cannot be held responsible for damage caused to materials or environment caused by the Customer or other Contractors. We will accept no responsibility for defects which have occurred due to alteration or tampering made to our work after the completion of the job.
- Hunt Electrical Ltd. will complete the work with as little disruption to the client as possible. All work will be “made good” by Hunt Electrical Ltd. however this is limited to re-fit of floor boarding and carpets but does not include plastering unless expressly requested by the Customer and included in our estimate.
- Unless stated or agreed in the original estimate, waste of any kind will not be removed from site by Hunt Electrical Ltd. If the Customer requests the removal of waste during the installation, they will incur extra charges.
- In the event that the Customer is not satisfied with the work carried out, they should ask the Electrician on site to correct the issue. If after this the Customer is still not satisfied they should contact Hunt Electrical Ltd. in writing to allow them to rectify the matter. If after this the Customer still feels dissatisfied they should refer their complaint to the relevant Electrical Body for expert advice. Where the problem has been caused by the environment or changes made to the location of the work after the estimate was issued, which have affected the position or viability of the installation, Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held accountable. In this case all efforts will be made to carry out the work as requested but the Customer will be made aware by the attending Electrician that changes may have to be made to the layout or method of completion.
- Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held responsible for the theft or removal of materials left onsite during the installation, due to the site not being properly secured.
- Hunt Electrical Ltd. will not be held responsible for the failure to perform our obligations to the Customer from any outside causes beyond our control, including but not limited to natural occurrence, disruption of power supplies and industrial action